For the following job opportunities, please follow the link to apply directly through the Halton Healthcare website.
There are currently no positions available.
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation is grateful to have the support of our community as we undertake our fundraising activities. Volunteers for the Foundation come in many forms – some help out on the day of our events or other events in the community where proceeds are directed to the Hospital. Other volunteers participate on fundraising event organizing committees, while some choose to pursue a path towards representing the community on our Board of Directors.
1. Board of Directors Opportunity
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation partners with our community to build awareness and inspire giving to raise funds for essential equipment and services for Georgetown Hospital. Many people do not realize that new and replacement hospital equipment purchases are not covered by the government and are instead funded by generous donations from members of our community.
Georgetown Hospital is one of the three community hospitals of Halton Healthcare, an award- winning healthcare organization in the growing urban and rural communities of Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville.
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation is seeking enthusiastic community-minded volunteers interested in helping guide and lead the Foundation through its next exciting phase. Experience in fundraising, formal education in governance, and other transferable skills (e.g. marketing, human resources, finance, legal) are all considered assets.
The catchment area for Georgetown Hospital is quite diverse, encompassing Halton Hills and west Brampton; we want our Board to reflect the area’s diversity. We are especially interested in connecting with community leaders from Brampton who are inspired by the benefits a thriving hospital contributes to their community. Generally, new volunteers serve for one or more years on a sub-committee before joining the Board of Directors.
“The opportunity to participate in the development of ideas and assist in the execution of them with highly-skilled, professional and passionate colleagues has been highly rewarding. I have had the ability to make an important contribution in enhancing the capability of our healthcare system to improve the lives of people in our local community.”
Georgetown Hospital Foundation Board Member and
Executive Vice President, HR, HSSE and Communications
The Director role provides excellent exposure to the healthcare system, strategic fundraising initiatives, progressive board governance and the opportunity to network with experienced and professional board and management level executives.
To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest with either a resume or current LinkedIn profile to the address below by December 9, 2020
. To have a confidential conversation, please contact:
Executive Director, Georgetown Hospital Foundation
All inquiries will be kept in strict confidence.
Meetings and Time Commitment
- Applications are reviewed by a Nominating Committee and recommendations submitted to the Foundation Board of Directors for approval.
- Sub-committee members are added at any time during the year.
- Directors are voted in at the Foundation’s Annual General Meeting in June.
- Board meetings are held six times a year, generally first thing in the morning and last for ninety minutes.
- During non-pandemic times, meetings and Board retreats are held face-to-face with the ability of members to periodically join virtually when necessary.
- Board members are asked to sit on at least one sub-committee.Committee meetings are held six times a year, generally first thing in the morning and last for one hour.
- Normally the Board holds one half or full-day retreat annually.
- Board members serve two-year terms, which can be renewed up to three times, for a total eight-year commitment.